Donate Today For a Better Us
Did you know that no one is ever turned away from the Y due to inability to pay? This special promise means that every child and family will have an opportunity to participate in the Y regardless of their household or personal income. This remarkable commitment by the Y is made possible by the generous contributions of our members and friends who, like you, believe in the Y’s ability to help strengthen the lives of kids and families in our community.
Here at the Alamance County Community YMCA, our goal is to provide financial assistance to kids and families from our community so they can experience the positive values and sense of belonging made possible by the Y, and we need your help to achieve it. Your gift does more than help kids get involved; it serves as a call to action to others who recognize your devotion and commitment to the Y’s mission.
The generosity of others is at the core of our existence. It is only through the support of our private and public donors that we are able to give back to the community we serve. Please consider a tax-deductible donation to the Alamance County Community YMCA. For more information, please contact our Executive Director, Walter Britt.
How much of the money raised goes to families in need?
100% of the dollars raised in our Annual Campaign goes directly to our financial assistance program, serving those in need right here in Alamance County.
How do people qualify for financial assistance?
Financial assistance applications are available at the front desk of the YMCA or online by visiting our Financial Assistance Page. Once an application is received, it is processed and reviewed to determine the amount of assistance the applicant may qualify for. Scholarship dollars range from 30% to 90%, depending on need. All applications are confidential.
Which programs and services offer financial assistance?
All programs and memberships qualify for financial assistance. This includes after school and summer child care, swim lessons, teen programs, fitness classes, youth sports, older adult programs and much more.
Who furnishes the funds?
Many generous people in Alamance County and beyond furnish the funds needed to support the YMCA’s Annual Campaign. These individuals are from all walks of life. Without this support, the YMCA would not be able to offer hope and opportunity for people who otherwise could not afford to be a part of the YMCA family. We believe that when we work as one, we build a stronger community
How can you help?
Your donation can have a lasting impact:
- $85 will provide two children a six lesson session of swim lessons and the opportunity to learn a valuable life-saving skill. ($7/month)
- $145 will allow a child the opportunity to participate in two seasons of youth sports. ($12/month)
- $285 sends a child to summer day camp which is filled with swimming, crafts, games and other values based activities for two week. ($24/month)
- $625 provides hot meals and snacks for one student for an entire school year. ($52/month)
- $805 will provide one child with a year of competitive swimming and training. ($67/month)
- $1345 will give a child the opportunity to attend an entire school year of the Y's After School Program. ($112/month)