2023 Annual Giving Campaign
For 69 years, the Alamance County Community YMCA has listened to and responded to the community’s most critical needs. Throughout that time, our Y has remained committed to matching incredible growth in our region and evolving to support emerging needs in the communities we serve. The Y’s Annual Campaign will continue to help our community in profound ways – giving back and providing support to our neighbors in need.
As we focus on ways to help our community engage in a healthy lifestyle and focus on enriching quality of life, we are aligning our 2023 Annual Campaign messaging in the four areas below:
1. Continuing to Address Food Insecurity – 20% of children are food insecure in Alamance County. The Y provides nearly 94,000 meals annually through 8 feeding sites to food-insecure children.
2. Ensuring Access For All – Provide the opportunity for anyone who needs the YMCA’s support to participate in YMCA programs such as summer camp, afterschool, youth sports, and membership at a discounted rate. No one is turned away for their inability to pay.
3. Providing Life-Saving Swim Lessons – For children aged 5-14, drowning is the second leading cause of death after motor vehicle crashes. The YMCA wants to be a partner in helping provide water safety and life-saving swim lessons to outreach groups in our community.
4. Improving Health Outcomes – Community health depends on individual health. Through Y Health programs, we want to teach, equip, and provide resources and opportunities so individuals can live healthily and be well.
The YMCA’s commitment is that 100% of Annual Campaign funds will be utilized to meet the greatest needs of our community through the four focus areas above. For more information, please contact our Chief Operations Officer, Kim Grooms.
How much of the money raised goes to families in need?
100% of the dollars raised in our Annual Campaign goes directly to our financial assistance program, serving those in need right here in Alamance County.
How do people qualify for financial assistance?
Financial assistance applications are available at the front desk of the YMCA or online by visiting our Financial Assistance Page. Once an application is received, it is processed and reviewed to determine the amount of assistance the applicant may qualify for. Scholarship dollars range from 30% to 90%, depending on need. All applications are confidential.
Which programs and services offer financial assistance?
All programs and memberships qualify for financial assistance. This includes after school and summer child care, swim lessons, teen programs, fitness classes, youth sports, older adult programs and much more.
Who furnishes the funds?
Many generous people in Alamance County and beyond furnish the funds needed to support the YMCA’s Annual Campaign. These individuals are from all walks of life. Without this support, the YMCA would not be able to offer hope and opportunity for people who otherwise could not afford to be a part of the YMCA family. We believe that when we work as one, we build a stronger community
How can you help?
Your donation can have a lasting impact:
- $85 will provide two children a six lesson session of swim lessons and the opportunity to learn a valuable life-saving skill. ($7/month)
- $145 will allow a child the opportunity to participate in two seasons of youth sports. ($12/month)
- $285 sends a child to summer day camp which is filled with swimming, crafts, games and other values based activities for two week. ($24/month)
- $625 provides hot meals and snacks for one student for an entire school year. ($52/month)
- $805 will provide one child with a year of competitive swimming and training. ($67/month)
- $1345 will give a child the opportunity to attend an entire school year of the Y's After School Program. ($112/month)