For a Better Us
Did you know that no one is ever turned away from the Y due to inability to pay? This special promise means that every child and family will have an opportunity to participate in the Y regardless of their household or personal income. This remarkable commitment by the Y is made possible by the generous contributions of our members and friends who, like you, believe in the Y’s ability to help strengthen the lives of kids and families in our community.
Here at the Alamance County Community YMCA, our goal is to provide financial assistance to kids and families from our community so they can experience the positive values and sense of belonging made possible by the Y, and we need your help to achieve it. Your gift does more than help kids get involved-it serves as a call to action to others who recognize your devotion and commitment to the Y’s mission.
The generosity of others is at the core of our existence. It is only through the support of our private and public donors that we are able to give back to the community we serve. Please consider a tax deductible donation to the Alamance County Community YMCA. For more information, please download our 2018 Annual Giving Brochure or contact our Branch Executive Director, Dominique Ireland.
How much of the money raised goes to families in need?
100% of the dollars raised in our Annual Campaign goes directly to our financial assistance program, serving those in need right here in Alamance County.
How do people qualify for financial assistance?
Financial assistance applications are available at the front desk of the YMCA or online by visiting our Financial Assistance Page. Once an application is received, it is processed and reviewed to determine the amount of assistance the applicant may qualify for. Scholarship dollars range from 30% to 90%, depending on need. All applications are confidential.
Which programs and services offer financial assistance?
All programs and memberships qualify for financial assistance. This includes after school and summer child care, swim lessons, teen programs, fitness classes, youth sports, older adult programs and much more.
Who furnishes the funds?
Many generous people in Alamance County and beyond furnish the funds needed to support the YMCA’s Annual Campaign. These individuals are from all walks of life. Without this support, the YMCA would not be able to offer hope and opportunity for people who otherwise could not afford to be a part of the YMCA family. We believe that when we work as one, we build a stronger community
How can you help?
The following are a few ways you can help make a difference in a person’s life:
- $60 gives a child the opportunity to learn the life-saving confidence gaining skill of swimming.
- $100 gives 2 youth the chance to learn new skills and make new friend while playing a season of Y Youth Sports.
- $270 provides a young adult with an annual membership at the Y, where they can find respite fro social, economic, and educational challenges.
- $500 provides a senior family with a yearly Y membership that offers health and social benefits leading to improved overall well being.
- $1,000 gives a child the opportunity to experience Y Summer Camp, creating life-changing experience and memories.
- $1000+ supplies the vital resources needed to allow the Y to fulfill its mission to serve everyone, regardless of their financial need.