Here at the ACYMCA, we value safety, integrity and transparency. That's why we have created company standards, policies and procedures and why we clearly communicate them with all of our Members and Employees. Please review our current list below and contact our front desk with any questions.
MEMBERSHIP AND JOINING FEES- YMCA membership and joining fees are non-refundable.
PROGRAM FEES- A refund or credit may be obtained if requested in writing two weeks prior to the beginning of a program or for a documented medical condition that will not allow for participation. Please stop by the Member Services Desk to complete a Program Cancellation Form or you can download one here and turn it in to the front desk at your convenience. The Program Director and the Executive Director must approve all requests prior to processing the refund.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE- The contents of the Alamance County YMCA's website are protected by copyright and trademark laws, and are the property of ACYMCA. All content on the website, including text, graphics, logos, forms, images and the arrangement is the exclusive property of the YMCA and its licensors and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may use or download material displayed on our website for personal use only. If you download any materials, you must retain all copyright displayed on the materials. You are not allowed to modify, transmit, post or otherwise use the content of this site without written permission of the Alamance County YMCA.
DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY- Your data privacy and security are important to us. This privacy notice will advise you about our guidelines concerning the use of your personal information and our commitment to protecting your personal information from misuse. We keep your private information by:
- Not selling your information. You have entrusted the National Council of Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America and its independent and autonomous member associations (collectively “The Y”) with your personal information, and we are committed to using it wisely. The Y will not sell, share or otherwise transfer your personal information to anyone without your consent.
- Restricting who has access to your information. The Y takes reasonable precautions to restrict access to your personal information to only employees who are authorized to have such access for business purposes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT- We collect several types of information from and about the users of our Website. This may include your name, email address, home address, mobile, home and work phone numbers, gender, date of birth, ethnicity, emergency contact information, and any other information that we may need to collect in connection with certain events, including but not limited to:
- Y Membership
- Y Nationwide Membership
- Y Programs, Camps, and other events offered by the ACYMCA
COLLECTION OF PHOTOGRAPHS- The Y may also collect your photo for the purpose of identifying you as a member, volunteer or program participant. Your photograph will not be used for any commercial purpose without your consent.
COLLECTION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION- The Y may collect certain sensitive information from you, including:
- Credit card or bank account information for the collection of fees
- Health information in connection with various fitness programs, health screenings, or other health service events
- Programs in which we are responsible for the care of children
SPECIAL POLICY WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN UNDER 13- In accordance with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPA), the YMCA will never request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive information (with parental consent) from users under the age of 13, we will never voluntarily share their personally identifiable information with third parties without parental consent as well.