Swimming is a vital life skill, great exercise, and a challenging sport. Come learn how to swim in a friendly, caring environment, where we have been teaching our local community for over 60 years! Here at the ACYMCA, our swim programs teach safety, skill, and how to enjoy water activities for a lifetime. For more information, please contact Member Services.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE JUNE POOL SCHEDULE
Camp Frontier Pool
Camp Frontier Pool Memberships
CLICK HERE to sign up for a FAMILY Summer Pool Membership
CLICK HERE to sign up for an INDIVIDUAL ADULT Summer Pool Membership
VISIT THE YMCA to sign up for a TEEN Summer Pool Membership
*all seasonal memberships grant access to Camp Frontier's Pool during hours of operation for the Summer 2023*
Informational Flyer - CLICK HERE
Nestled in the beautiful wooded acres of southern Alamance County, our 25 yard summer outdoor pool is the place to cool off on summer nights and weekends! Toddlers have their own play area - just 2 feet deep, and the more adventurous can dive for objects or play “Sharks & Minnows” in our 11 feet deep end. Adults will have just as much fun, whether they're playing with the kids, lounging on the deck, or swimming laps. Vending machines and bathrooms are conveniently located just off the pool deck.
Camp Frontier Pool will be open May 27th through September 3rd, 2022.
- Friday Evenings 4:00pm -7:00pm
- Saturdays 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Sundays 1:00pm - 7:00pm
- Times subject to change based on pool usage
Cost: Free to all Alamance County YMCA Members / Non-Members can purchase a day pass or seasonal pass. See flyer for more details.
Camp Frontier Pool Rules and Policies
- Please, show your membership cards and sign in at the lifeguard station at each visit.
- All children under the age of 12 must be actively supervised by a parent/guardian in the pool. The parent/guardian must pay to enter the facility.
- ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 MUST WEAR A SWIM BAND:
- non-swimmers-red, competent swimmers-green. Please have your child swim tested by the lifeguard if you think they are deep water swimmers.
- Patron use of Camp Frontier is limited to the pool area (supervised), the children’s playground adjacent to the pool (unsupervised) and to the parking lot (unsupervised). All other areas of the camp are not available to patrons, unless under the supervision of YMCA staff and/or with permission of the YMCA Aquatics Director and Camp Directors.
- Lost and found items will be kept for a maximum of 7 days and then given to charity.
- In the event of inclement weather, such as thunder & lightening storms, tornado watch/warnings or other conditions the lifeguards deem dangerous, pool patrons will be asked to vacate the premises. A re-opening time will be posted at the time of evacuation, if applicable.
- NO REFUNDS will be given to individuals having purchased pool memberships or daily use pool passes.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- Please wear proper swim suit. No cutoffs, gym shorts, or t-shirts
- Swim diapers MUST be worn on all children who are not “potty-trained”.
- No diving in shallow end.
- No running on the deck.
- No flotation devices in deep end. (This includes lifejackets)
- Only Coast Guard-Approved Devices may be worn by non-swimmers. For your child’s safety, inflatable wings, etc. are not allowed.
- Let’s have a safe summer! Please, cooperate with the Lifeguards on duty. Thank you.
YBAC Swim Team
The mission of the YBAC is to offer competitive swimming opportunities to all Alamance County residents while developing the traits of integrity, self-esteem, and caring through the sport of swimming. A link to the complete YBAC page can be found below. For more information, please email email@example.com.
The goal of our Swim Lesson Program is to help individuals build their self-confidence through learning the necessary skills to be safe in and around the water for a lifetime. Here at the Y, we believe swimming is a life skill as well as a great exercise for all ages. For more information, download our Flyers below or email our Swim Lesson Coordinator.
Which Level is my swimmer? See Swim Lesson Selector Guide Here
We still provide the best swim lessons, with qualified/trained/fun instructors. We ask you to read below and direct any questions to our member engagement team.
Here’s what you need to know
- When you arrive for your visit
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to the start of your class.
- Please come with only 1 viewer for your visit; the fewer people the better.
- Please only come to class if your swimmer is 100% healthy. If they are feeling even a little “under the weather,” stay home. If your swimmer or anyone in your house is showing signs of illness, DO NOT COME TO SWIM CLASS.
Red Cross Lifeguard Course
Lifeguarding is a challenging, rewarding, and extremely important job. This American Red Cross Course will provide participants with a professional certification recognized by most organizations across the country. The course and the job require hard work, determination, and above-average maturity. Participants will gain confidence, improve their decision-making, and build customer service skills.
Click here for a flyer of upcoming classes.
Fun, Friends, Fitness - All in One Place
Be encouraged on your journey toward better health while making new friends in the water! Come join us in the pool! Please check out our Schedule for available times.