Swimming is a vital life skill, great exercise, and a challenging sport. Come learn how to swim in a friendly, caring environment, where we have been teaching our local community for over 60 years! Here at the ACYMCA, our swim programs teach safety, skill, and how to enjoy water activities for a lifetime. For more information, please email our Aquatics Director, David McDevitt.
Pool Schedule: March 30th - June 6th
The YMCA Pool Re-Opened on Wednesday, May 27 – following the guidelines from the Governor’s office. The pool will only be open to Alamance County Community YMCA Members, and they should utilize the reservation system to reserve your space. Open spaces will be first come first serve. Lap Swim / Water Fitness Classes / Family Swim Times will be 45 minutes each. The reservation system will be open 48 hours prior to the time slot. Members will only be allowed to reserve a one-time slot per day. Members will not be allowed in the building if they do not meet the screening as required by the Governor’s office. We will try to begin the screening 5 minutes before the time slot and members will need to exit the pool immediately after their time slot to ensure staff has enough time to disinfect/clean the pool area.
Additional pool and facility rules during this stage:
- Social Distancing must be followed in and out of the pool
- Facemasks are required except while exercising
- You need to have a Covid-19 Acknowledgement signed
- Maximum In-Water Occupancy – 42 swimmers
- Must bring your own equipment – no YMCA pool equipment is available except Lifejackets
- Doors need to remain open at all times
- Showers will be for rinsing off only
- No congregating on YMCA property/swimmers will need to leave the deck as soon as possible when finished/time is up
- Do not approach the lifeguard – maintain 6 ft distance
Pool Reservation Site: https://www.acymca.org/programs
YBAC Swim Team
The mission of the YBAC is to offer competitive swimming opportunities to all Alamance County residents while developing the traits of integrity, self-esteem, and caring through the sport of swimming. A link to the complete YBAC page can be found below. For more information, please email David.
The goal of our Swim Lesson Program is to help individuals build their self-confidence through learning the necessary skills to be safe in and around the water for a lifetime. Here at the Y, we believe swimming is a life skill as well as a great exercise for all ages. For more information, download our Flyers below or email our Swim Lesson Coordinator, Solaris Anderson.
Which Level is my swimmer? See Swim Lesson Selector Guide Here
We are bringing back our swim lessons with caution and anticipation. They will look different at this time and follow all the safety guidelines established by the CDC, NCDHSS, Red Cross, and Y USA. We will still provide the best swim lessons, with qualified/trained/fun instructors. We ask you to read below and direct any questions to David McDevitt – Aquatics Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what you need to know
- Any classes without a parent in the water will have 3 swimmers:1 Instructor ratio. Classes with a parent in the water will be allowed, 4 swimmers:1 instructor.
- When you arrive for your visit
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to the start of your class. At this time there will be no locker rooms available. Bathrooms at the pool will be open, but should not be used for changing. Swimmers should come in their swimsuit and leave in their swimsuit.
- Please come with only 1 viewer for your visit; the fewer people the better. Everyone entering the door will be screened and only allowed in if symptom free.
- If your child typically swims with goggles, please have your own goggles. Per the Governor’s order to promote the best sanitary conditions, we will not be borrowing/lending goggles.
- Hyper cleaning will remain in place.
- Parent/Child, Pre-School and Youth Level 1 & 2 will require a household member 15 & over to work with the swimmer. Level 3 and higher will be utilizing lake pads or teaching from the deck for safety and social distancing between the instructor and swimmers.
- We will screen all employees daily for fever. Any team member that is not feeling 100% healthy will stay at home. Please be understanding if this causes us to change your instructor. Our priority is to keep you healthy and it is best for our employees to recover at home.
- Please only come to class if your swimmer is 100% healthy. If they are feeling even a little “under the weather,” stay home. If your swimmer or anyone in your house is showing signs of illness, DO NOT COME TO SWIM CLASS.
- At the end of the class, you are asked to leave immediately so we can clean the pool area for the next group.
Parent / Child to Level 2 classes require a responsible household member 15 & over to accommodate swimmer in the water
Saturday at YMCA:
10:00 – 10:30 – Parent/Child to level 2
10:45 – 11:15 – Level 3 & 4; Level 5+
Sunday at YMCA:
1:00 – 1:30 – Parent/Child to Level 2
2:00 – 2:30 – Level 3-4; Level 5+
3:00 – 3:30 – Level 3-4; Level 5+
Swim Lessons will be Small Group lessons – 4 lessons for $40.00/members $60.00/non-members
Private Lessons - $125/ 5 – 30 minute lessons
Semi-Private Lessons (Same household – 2 or more / same level) - Members - $30/swimmer Non-Members $50.00/swimmer for 4 – 30 minute classes
Refund Policy: A required form requesting a Refund or Credit (available at the Member Services Desk) must be submitted to the Aquatics Director TWO WEEKS prior to the beginning of class.
Make-up days: If a class is canceled by the YMCA classes will be notified by Solaris Anderson Swim Lesson Coordinator. Make-up days will not be scheduled for individuals who miss a class.
Red Cross Lifeguard Course
Lifeguarding is a challenging, rewarding and extremely important job. This American Red Cross Course will provide participants with a professional certification recognized at most organizations across the country. The course and the job require hard work, determination, and above-average maturity. Participants will gain confidence, improve their decision-making, and build customer service skills. For more information, download our American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course Flyer
Next Lifeguarding Class - April 6-8 - Contact Darla Smith at 336-395-9622 or email@example.com
Fun, Friends, Fitness - All in One Place
Be encouraged on your journey toward better health while making new friends in the water! Come join us in the pool!
The ACYMCA provides lap swimming opportunities throughout the day. Please check out our Pool Schedule for available lanes and times.
Family swim is a great way to activate the family and practice swimming skills at the same time.
Camp Frontier Pool
Camp Frontier Pool Memberships are Back!
Informational Flyer - Click Here
Nestled in the beautiful wooded acres of southern Alamance County, our 25 yard summer outdoor pool is the place to cool off on summer nights and weekends! Toddlers have their own play area - just 2 feet deep, and the more adventurous can dive for objects or play “Sharks & Minnows” in our 11 feet deep end. Adults will have just as much fun, whether they're playing with the kids, lounging on the deck, or swimming laps. Vending machines and bathrooms are conveniently located just off the pool deck.
Camp Frontier Pool will be open May 29th through September 5th, 2021.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday Evenings 4:00pm -7:00pm (beginning June 7)
- Saturdays 12:00pm - 7:00pm (beginning May 29th)
- Sundays 1:00pm - 7:00pm (beginning May 30th)
- We will open on Memorial Day and July 4th from 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
- Times subject to change based on pool usage
Cost: Free to all Alamance County YMCA Members / Non-Members can purchase a day pass or seasonal pass. See flyer for more details.
Camp Frontier Pool Rules and Policies
- Please, show your membership cards and sign in at the lifeguard station at each visit.
- All children under the age of 12 must be actively supervised by a parent/guardian in the pool. The parent/guardian must pay to enter the facility.
- ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 MUST WEAR A SWIM BAND:
- non-swimmers-red, competent swimmers-green. Please have your child swim tested by the lifeguard if you think they are deep water swimmers.
- Patron use of Camp Frontier is limited to the pool area (supervised), the children’s playground adjacent to the pool (unsupervised) and to the parking lot (unsupervised). All other areas of the camp are not available to patrons, unless under the supervision of YMCA staff and/or with permission of the YMCA Aquatics Director and Camp Directors.
- Lost and found items will be kept for a maximum of 7 days and then given to charity.
- In the event of inclement weather, such as thunder & lightening storms, tornado watch/warnings or other conditions the lifeguards deem dangerous, pool patrons will be asked to vacate the premises. A re-opening time will be posted at the time of evacuation, if applicable.
- NO REFUNDS will be given to individuals having purchased pool memberships or daily use pool passes.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- Please wear proper swim suit. No cutoffs, gym shorts, or t-shirts
- Swim diapers MUST be worn on all children who are not “potty-trained”.
- No diving in shallow end.
- No running on the deck.
- No flotation devices in deep end. (This includes lifejackets)
- Only Coast Guard-Approved Devices may be worn by non-swimmers. For your child’s safety, inflatable wings, etc. are not allowed.
- Let’s have a safe summer! Please, cooperate with the Lifeguards on duty. Thank you.
Swim Lessons at Camp Frontier
Here at the Y, we believe that swimming is a life skill, great exercise and a challenging sport. The goal of our swim lessons program is to help individuals build their self-confidence through learning the necessary skills to be safe in and around the water for a lifetime. We offer three swim lesson options and all lessons are 30 minutes long. Our Aquatics department follows all safety guidelines established by the CDC, NCDHSS, Red Cross and Y USA.
- Small Group Lessons consist of 4 lessons with 3-6 swimmers per instructor.
- Private Lessons consists of 5 lessons and provides the swimmer with one-on-one attention.
- Semi-Private Lessons consist of 5 lessons and are for swimmers who are on the same swim level.