Swimming is a vital life skill, great exercise, and a challenging sport. Come learn how to swim in a friendly, caring environment, where we have been teaching our local community for over 60 years! Here at the ACYMCA, our swim programs teach safety, skill, and how to enjoy water activities for a lifetime. For more information, please contact Member Services.
Pool Schedule: Current Pool Schedule
The pool is open to Alamance County Community YMCA Members. Reservations are not required, but we recommend reservations for Lap Swimming. Reserved members will be given perference for lap lanes. Lap Swim / Water Fitness Classes / Family Swim Times will be 45 minutes each. The reservations for lap swimming will be open 48 hours prior to the time slot. Members will only be allowed to reserve a one-time slot per day. Members will still need to wait to enter the pool area until the lifeguard allows entry.
Additional pool and facility rules during this stage:
- Social Distancing is encouraged in and out of the pool.
- Must bring your own equipment – no YMCA pool equipment is available except Lifejackets
- Doors need to remain open at all times
- Showers will be for rinsing off only
- No congregating on YMCA property/swimmers will need to leave the deck as soon as possible when finished/time is up
- Do not approach the lifeguard – maintain 6 ft distance
Pool Reservation Site: https://www.acymca.org/programs
YBAC Swim Team
The mission of the YBAC is to offer competitive swimming opportunities to all Alamance County residents while developing the traits of integrity, self-esteem, and caring through the sport of swimming. A link to the complete YBAC page can be found below. For more information, please email email@example.com.
The goal of our Swim Lesson Program is to help individuals build their self-confidence through learning the necessary skills to be safe in and around the water for a lifetime. Here at the Y, we believe swimming is a life skill as well as a great exercise for all ages. For more information, download our Flyers below or email our Swim Lesson Coordinator.
Which Level is my swimmer? See Swim Lesson Selector Guide Here
Fall Swim Lessons Flyer:
We still provide the best swim lessons, with qualified/trained/fun instructors. We ask you to read below and direct any questions to our member engagement team.
Here’s what you need to know
- When you arrive for your visit
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to the start of your class.
- Please come with only 1 viewer for your visit; the fewer people the better.
- Please only come to class if your swimmer is 100% healthy. If they are feeling even a little “under the weather,” stay home. If your swimmer or anyone in your house is showing signs of illness, DO NOT COME TO SWIM CLASS.
Private or Semi-Private Swim Lessons
Private Lessons or Semi – Private lessons (2 individuals, similar level) (Click here for a flyer.)
5 – 30 minute lessons
Program Participants $150
IMPORTANT information to know before you purchase your program.
Private lessons are:
- Offered on a first come first served basis
- Offered for 1 or 2 individuals
- Available dependent upon instructor availability
- Paid prior to first day of class
- To be completed within 5 weeks of the first lesson you attend
- Offered on the hour or half hour so you must be on time for your lesson
- Cancelations must be made 24 hours in advance with the instructor; if you are absent for the scheduled lesson you will not be able to make it up.
Refund Policy: A required form requesting a Refund or Credit (available at the Member Services Desk) must be submitted to the Aquatics Director TWO WEEKS prior to the beginning of class.
Make-up days: Make-up days will not be scheduled for individuals who miss a class.
Red Cross Lifeguard Course
Lifeguarding is a challenging, rewarding and extremely important job. This American Red Cross Course will provide participants with a professional certification recognized at most organizations across the country. The course and the job require hard work, determination, and above-average maturity. Participants will gain confidence, improve their decision-making, and build customer service skills.
Fun, Friends, Fitness - All in One Place
Be encouraged on your journey toward better health while making new friends in the water! Come join us in the pool! Please check out our Pool Schedule for available times.
The ACYMCA provides lap swimming opportunities throughout the day. Please check out our Pool Schedule for available lanes and times.
Family swim is a great way to activate the family and practice swimming skills at the same time.
Camp Frontier Pool
Camp Frontier Pool Memberships are Back!
Informational Flyer - Click Here
Nestled in the beautiful wooded acres of southern Alamance County, our 25 yard summer outdoor pool is the place to cool off on summer nights and weekends! Toddlers have their own play area - just 2 feet deep, and the more adventurous can dive for objects or play “Sharks & Minnows” in our 11 feet deep end. Adults will have just as much fun, whether they're playing with the kids, lounging on the deck, or swimming laps. Vending machines and bathrooms are conveniently located just off the pool deck.
Camp Frontier Pool will be open May 29th through September 5th, 2021.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday Evenings 4:00pm -7:00pm (beginning June 7)
- Saturdays 12:00pm - 7:00pm (beginning May 29th)
- Sundays 1:00pm - 7:00pm (beginning May 30th)
- We will open on Memorial Day and July 4th from 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
- Times subject to change based on pool usage
Cost: Free to all Alamance County YMCA Members / Non-Members can purchase a day pass or seasonal pass. See flyer for more details.
Camp Frontier Pool Rules and Policies
- Please, show your membership cards and sign in at the lifeguard station at each visit.
- All children under the age of 12 must be actively supervised by a parent/guardian in the pool. The parent/guardian must pay to enter the facility.
- ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 MUST WEAR A SWIM BAND:
- non-swimmers-red, competent swimmers-green. Please have your child swim tested by the lifeguard if you think they are deep water swimmers.
- Patron use of Camp Frontier is limited to the pool area (supervised), the children’s playground adjacent to the pool (unsupervised) and to the parking lot (unsupervised). All other areas of the camp are not available to patrons, unless under the supervision of YMCA staff and/or with permission of the YMCA Aquatics Director and Camp Directors.
- Lost and found items will be kept for a maximum of 7 days and then given to charity.
- In the event of inclement weather, such as thunder & lightening storms, tornado watch/warnings or other conditions the lifeguards deem dangerous, pool patrons will be asked to vacate the premises. A re-opening time will be posted at the time of evacuation, if applicable.
- NO REFUNDS will be given to individuals having purchased pool memberships or daily use pool passes.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- Please wear proper swim suit. No cutoffs, gym shorts, or t-shirts
- Swim diapers MUST be worn on all children who are not “potty-trained”.
- No diving in shallow end.
- No running on the deck.
- No flotation devices in deep end. (This includes lifejackets)
- Only Coast Guard-Approved Devices may be worn by non-swimmers. For your child’s safety, inflatable wings, etc. are not allowed.
- Let’s have a safe summer! Please, cooperate with the Lifeguards on duty. Thank you.
Swim Lessons at Camp Frontier
Here at the Y, we believe that swimming is a life skill, great exercise and a challenging sport. The goal of our swim lessons program is to help individuals build their self-confidence through learning the necessary skills to be safe in and around the water for a lifetime. We offer three swim lesson options and all lessons are 30 minutes long. Our Aquatics department follows all safety guidelines established by the CDC, NCDHSS, Red Cross and Y USA.
- Small Group Lessons consist of 4 lessons with 3-6 swimmers per instructor.
- Private Lessons consists of 5 lessons and provides the swimmer with one-on-one attention.
- Semi-Private Lessons consist of 5 lessons and are for swimmers who are on the same swim level.