Swimming is a vital life skill, great exercise, and a challenging sport. Come learn how to swim in a friendly, caring environment, where we have been teaching our local community for over 60 years! Here at the ACYMCA, our swim programs teach safety, skill, and how to enjoy water activities for a lifetime. For more information, please contact Member Services.
Our pool at Camp Frontier has closed for the season. Stay tuned for updates for next season!
YBAC Swim Team
The mission of the YBAC is to offer competitive swimming opportunities to all Alamance County residents while developing the traits of integrity, self-esteem, and caring through the sport of swimming. A link to the complete YBAC page can be found below. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal of our Swim Lesson Program is to help individuals build their self-confidence by learning the necessary skills to be safe in and around the water for a lifetime. Here at the Y, we believe swimming is a life skill as well as a great exercise for all ages.
We still provide the best swim lessons, with qualified/trained/fun instructors. We ask you to read below and direct any questions to our member engagement team.
Here’s what you need to know
- When you arrive for your visit
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to the start of your class.
- Please come with only 1 viewer for your visit; the fewer people the better.
- Please only come to class if your swimmer is 100% healthy. If they are feeling even a little “under the weather,” stay home. If your swimmer or anyone in your house is showing signs of illness, DO NOT COME TO SWIM CLASS.
Private or Semi-Private Swim Lessons
Private Lessons or Semi-Private lessons (2 individuals, similar level) (CLICK HERE FOR FLYER AND REGISTRATION FORM)
5 – 30 minute lessons
Program Participants $150
IMPORTANT information to know before you purchase your program.
Private lessons are:
- Offered on a first come first served basis
- Offered for 1 or 2 individuals
- Available dependent upon instructor availability
- Paid prior to the first day of class
- To be completed within 5 weeks of the first lesson you attend
- Offered on the hour or half-hour so you must be on time for your lesson
- Cancelations must be made 24 hours in advance with the instructor; if you are absent for the scheduled lesson you will not be able to make it up.
Fun, Friends, Fitness - All in One Place
Be encouraged on your journey toward better health while making new friends in the water! Come join us in the pool!
Please CLICK HERE to view our Group Water Fitness schedule, which includes both shallow and deep water exercises!