Group Land Classes
Click here for the current Group Exercise Schedule.
Click here for the current X-Bike Schedule.
YMCA Group Exercise Classes are FREE for Members unless otherwise noted. Program Participants may purchase a $40.00 Punch Card good for 10 classes.
Below is a description of the classes we offer:
- Muscular Strength and Range of Movement – Exercises are designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and improve activity of daily living skills. Have fun whole you move to the music. Designed for ages 65 and older
- Young at Heart – Energize your body as you move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase flexibility, muscular strength and balance, along with light cardiovascular conditioning. Designed for ages 55 and older.
- X-Bike Group Cycling Class – During the 30 minute X-Bike workout, it allows you to get an awesome full body workout on an indoor bike.
- Core Training – A 30 minute class designed to condition core muscles and strengthen your abs and back.
- Step – Includes a warm-up followed by a step segment (a low impact activity which involves stepping up and down on a platform while performing creative choreographic movements to music) followed by a cool-down, flexibility and some core strength training. Ads and relaxations will end the class
- Pilates – This class is designed to improve core muscle strength, increase flexibility and improve overall health using mat work
- Body Sculpt – The cardio component is omitted from the class format. However, you will utilize hand held weights, resistance tubing and resist-a-balls for a complete body workout including arms, legs, abs and lower back.
- Zumba – Burn major calories with this fun non-stop energetic workout. This class will offer the excitement of moving to the rhythm of Latin, funk, and retro beats. Even if you’re not a dancer, don’t worry. The combos will be broken down into basic steps so you can jump right in with both feet.
- Kick Boxing – Kicks, punches, blocks add up to a high intensity kick boxing class ending with a cool down and stretching.
- Fitness 101 – Beginner’s guide to fitness. “Start low and go slow.” Learn to perform cardiovascular activity, strength conditioning and flexibility. Participating on a regular basis will result in balanced fitness.
- Sculpt Cardio – For the ultimate fat burning workout. Do your body sculpting first for lean muscles and do your cardio workout second for maximum fat utilization for energy. A challenge but well worth the effort.
- Cardio Dance - Using simple dance steps to create routines that combine fast and slow rhythms for a Cardio Dance workout that will burn calories, tone and sculpt the body while having fun. No dance experience required!
- Tai Chi Chuan: Reduce stress and build self-confidence with this ancient martial arts system of exercise. The movements are practiced gently and slow motion to improve balance, strength, and flexibility. Nominal fee for class. Call the YMCA for more information.
- Boot Camp: Boot Camp works the entire body (cardio and strength) by going from one exercise to another without rest. In Boot Camp, your challenge is to take your body to its limit. You burn calories like crazy. A high intensity workout for intermediate to advanced levels.
- Power Sculpt: Incorporating weights and cardiovascular training in a total body workout. Sculpting with weights, using proper form and slow, controlled motions while adding intervals of power moves in small segments.
- Latin Step: Join the latest craze and dance your way into shape using Latin moves and Latin music. Class includes a warm-up followed by an integrated step and Latin dance segment using familiar moves such as Samba, Meringue, and Salsa.
- Line Dancing: Grab a friend or two, get in line, and step in unison to popular tones and oldies. Great workout for all ages.
- Butts N Guts: This class is designed to target those “hard to get areas.” Enjoy nonstop action working out your favorite body parts – your butts and guts! If you’ve wanted those ripped abs and tight booty, come take this class!
- Zumbatomics: A dynamic cardio dance class for kids filled with Latin rhythms, easy to follow moves and a whole lot of fun! Packed with specially choreographed routines and the latest music, Zumbatomics classes increase mental acuity and self-confidence, boost metabolism and improve coordination.